Last week, I turned 50. I had a ball. I celebrated with friends and family; treated myself to a photoshoot to ‘lock in me at 50’ and sent 50 hand written thank yous to 50 people who had, in some way, made a difference to me in my life. And there are more celebrations planned in the New Year.
But if you’d asked me a year ago what I thought I’d be doing I’d have said ‘Hiding’. I really did not want to be 50 … but here I am … loving it!
So what happened in those 12 months? What took me from wanting to pretend it wasn’t happening to being super proud of reaching the big 5-0?
- I looked back at what I had achieved, what time and age had brought me, rather than what it hadn’t.
- I kept a daily gratitude journal to remind me of all the positives in my life.
- I started to truly love myself realising that I was my best friend. Always had been and always will be.
- I focused on my fitness – not just my physical fitness but that of my mind, spirit and emotional health. Giving myself what I needed to be in my best all-round shape ever.
- I committed to myself, stepped over fear and started a business I’d been talking about for years.
- I followed my heart and said YES! to adventure – I went to live, work and travel around Spain for two and a half months.
- I spent time with those I love, value and respect. Those I enjoy spending time with … and let go of those I don’t.
- I started to trust in the process of life and consciously let go of more of what I can’t control.
- And I decided that I was going to rock 50! To be happy and proud of who I am, what I bring to the world and be excited about the possibilities of 50 and beyond!
Is this true of you? Are you ready to rock your next birthday? Are you living your life with passion and excitement? Are you what makes you truly happy? Are you saying YES! to being your best, most loving self?
Make 2018 your year. The year you step up, unlock your potential and realise your dreams!
Join me at my home in Bournemouth on 20th January for my MAKE 2018 YOUR BEST YEAR YET workshop and see where it takes you.