Let's Talk About Menopause
I don’t know about you, but until my late 40’s I didn’t really know too much about menopause and if I’m honest, I didn’t want to know.
I hadn’t discussed it with my mum and I remember feeling embarrassed if she spoke about it. And it definitely wasn’t a topic my friends or I brought up. But why was this? Was I embarrassed? In denial about getting older? Or was it something I thought I ‘should know’ and therefore didn’t ask?
The one thing I do know is that I’m not alone. The menopause is one of those subjects no one seems to want to talk about, and yet it will impact almost every woman, sometimes with devastating consequences.
It’s always good to talk to someone who knows what you’re going through…
In the UK…
- Approx. 4 million women, between the ages of 41 and 55, are currently going through the menopause
- And approx. 13 million women are currently peri or post-menopausal
- 8 in 10 women will experience some symptoms
- And as many as 45% of them will find the symptoms difficult to deal with – some to the point where it dramatically impacts their quality of life
- 1 in every 4 women will suffer severe symptoms that can last up to 15 years
Tackling such a taboo subject is so important for the wellbeing of women.
“Knowledge is what separates being prepared and being lucky.”
But sharing, and learning from, each other’s experiences, offering support and understanding to those going through menopause and educating ourselves with the vast array of information that is available can only be a good thing.
Here are a few ideas on how to break down the taboo, become more knowledgeable, and lead the way for future generations:
- Educate yourself about perimenopause and menopause so that you make informed decisions. Start reading about menopause from your early 40s.
- Talk about menopause openly with your friends and acquaintances, discuss how difficult it can be, and how you make it better.
- Talk to your mum and older sisters about their experience and share your experience with your daughter
- Speak to your GP and seek guidance from the medical profession
- Follow the menopause experts on social media and stay in touch with the latest research
- Join an online forum that discusses menopause
If you are struggling with menopause or the after-effects of the change, take some time to consult your GP and talk about it with them. They deal with issues like this every day, and will likely be able to help you or point you in the direction of someone who can.
When I asked for a smokin’ hot body, menopause wasn’t what I had in mind!
Your Best Life Yet – The Journey Starts Here
Are you ready to find the answers to your mid-life questions? Be the master of your menopause? Live a life of purpose and passion? Be healthy and fit in mind, body and spirit? Redefine what being 40, and beyond, means? And inspire others to do the same?
Then say YES! to you.
Explore what Menogo coaching can offer you.
Are You Ready To Shine?
Enjoy a FREE 30 minute Coaching Discovery Session and say YES! to you.
Schedule Free Session
Coaching Discovery Session With Menogo
Discover how coaching can help you live your best life yet and achieve the results you want. Simply complete the form below or call us on 0750 3040790 to schedule your FREE 30 minute introductory coaching session.
Heart to heart conversations are the best to me.
Vulnerability attracts honesty, honesty attracts soul connections.